Adelee's Cincinnati Turkey Chili
1 tablespoon olive oil ½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup white onion, diced ¼ teaspoon oregano
¼ cup mild Anaheim chili, diced 2 teaspoons honey
½ teaspoon salt 15 oz crushed tomatoes
½ teaspoon garlic powder 8 oz tomato sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder ½ cup Adelee’s spicy bean dip
½ tsp ground cinnamon 15 oz black beans-rinsed (optional)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder 1 pound ground turkey
1. In large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook onion and Anaheim chili 4 to 6 min or until soft, stirring occasionally.
2. Increase heat and add ground turkey, cook until browned.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients together and sprinkle over the browned turkey mixture. Stir until the meat mixture is coated.
4. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and honey. Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer.
5. Add bean dip and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. If desired add black beans cook until beans are heated.
7. Serve and enjoy!